DNS: April 4th ADNA meeting

From: Manager - ICENet <bk§icenet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 07:54:40 +0800
Dea Michael,

In essence I agree with what you are saying, howver,
there appears to be one or two points in error...

>I guess this is probably worth pointing out explicity.
>
>The higher the membership fee, the higher the self interested required
>for party X to consider joining. Obviously, they're going to need a
>level of benifit roughly equivilant to the fee.
>
>Taking the reverse, this obviously implies that to get the broadest
>representation, you should see the fee as low as possible.
>
>Given that it appears that you want to the broadest represenatation,
>you set your fees to zero.
>
>Now against this, you obviously want to raise enough money to run the
>Org. Given that you're not running it for a profit, the obvious level
>to see the fees at is
>	F = Ct / E(members(F))
>(fees == total cost divided by the expected number of members if the
>average fee per member were F).
>
>Given that the only real variables in there are Ct, and F

(THIS SHOULD READ "E" , and F is

>dependant on Ct, you need to work out the expected cost of running the
>origanization.
>
>Find that, and you just about done.
>
>As a quick stab as possible costs.
>

>1. secratarial services. say a 1/4 time position, $7500/annum.
>
>2. legal fund. I propose that you bar the DA's from suing the ADNA as
>part of there contract, and require all dispute resolution to
>procedure by arbitration.
>
>Then prohibit the ADNA for interacting with anyone but the DA's.
>
>Then require that if the ADNA is joined as a co-defendant when someone
>else sues a DA, that DA bear the costs.
>
>Hopefully, the upshot of all this is that the ADNA should never end up
>bearing any legal costs.
>
>3. a twice yearly meeting. Funded by attendee's I think.
>
>Anything else? so far I get $7500/annum as costs. :)
>

>Michael.

You also do need to pay for the admistrative cost's phone's / faxes etc etc ...
BUT your equation and reasoning are the ones that need to be followed...
Cheers, BK.