RE: DNS: Domain Administrator Structure

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 11:26:49 +1000
Thanks for the clarification Patrick.

Certainly now I understand the liability issue better, and I appeciate
the arguments for incorporating this body better.

The first question I posed is perhaps the harder one, and may well be orthogonal
to the issue of a corporate policy body or unincorporated body.

Let me repeat it to see if there are any ideas on this:

>"(I'm no lawyer but) I appears to me that making a corporate entity
>be responsible for administration and policy would tie it up in
>endless litgation and associated injunctions forever and a day.
>
>What mechanisms would allow this body to operate, rather than simply
>spend its entire time defending its actions on court hearings?

 Geoff