Re: DNS: trading domain names

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 20:35:49 +1000
Gary Oliver wrote...
>You have written several times about "public notification". Do you
>envisage that the existing arrangement where names are pending to be
>public notification with just the time period to be defined. It appears
>to me to have the advantage of being linked to the existing system and
>easily open to public access.

IF I were to use the existing AUNIC model as the base for refinement I'd
make the "Pending entries" readable as a directory on the web, and perhaps add
a CGI search script which other folk can touch either as a web form or directly
as a socket interface.

All up this approach would not be a major change to the existing model.

(mind you this is all speculation - I will not be implementing any changes
whatsoever until there is clear agreeemnt to do so.)

  Geoff