Re: DNS: Re: Renewal Notice for iinet and invoice number iinet-1

From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve§skeeve.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 01:53:08 +1100 (EST)
You, Michael Malone, shaped the electrons to say:

+We are currently planning to hold all payments for existing
+domains until after the establishment of a competitor within
+COM.AU has been further investigated. We have sought legal
+advice about Melbourne IT's right to remove our domain if we
+fail to pay, and our advice is that it would be unconscionable
+conduct and open MIT to considerable recourse. We are advising
+all clients to withhold payment on the three hundred odd COM.AU

although we havent recieved any of these yet... We fully support IINETs plans
to seek legal advice, and will support  their decision as well as follow it
as an example.

we will be suggesting the same to our clients... and will wait till we have
the opportunity to choose between M.IT and another (COM.AU) registry.

we do NOT think it is fair for a new registry to have a considerable amount
of possible business kidnapped before it gets a chance to lets its position
known...

btw... i hope someone out there is working on a secondary com.au registry...
well someone excep intiaa... are isoc-au interested? what anout Connect.com?
they have the facilities inplace already... I would full support a Connect.com
proposal for a registry based on their experience and existing facilities.
*poke poke* wake up hugh... go for it ;)

merry xmas all..

| Skeeve Stevens - MyInternet    personal.url: http://www.skeeve.net/ |
| email://skeeve&#167;skeeve.net/     work.url: http://www.myinternet.net/ |
| phone://612.9869.3334/         mobile://0414.SKEEVE/      [753-383] |
| Join the Internet Society of Australia - http://www.isoc-au.org.au/ |