Re: DNS: Re: [Fwd: Domain Name Policies: Next meeting of the DNS Forum]

From: Larry Singer <larry§wright.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 10:03:52 +1100
>I think thats a disastrously silly outcome and would
>basically legitemate pizza.com.au class namegrabs and all that implies.

How about we head off the namegrabs right at the outset and implement a
sensible, revenue producing way of allocating those names. My first thought
is some kind of auction where the highest bidder can obtain any particular
name. (We would have to be careful not to fall into the same trap as the
Cable bid.) I'm sure there are other methods too.
---
Panther (as in Pinkboard Panther) <panther&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Larry Singer <larrys&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Larry Singer <larry&#167;wright.com.au>
http://www.pinkboard.com.au/~panther/
Sending junk email to my addresses will result in rude messages.
"That kind of guy."