Re: DNS: Re: [Fwd: Domain Name Policies: Next meeting of the DNS Forum]

From: George Michaelson <ggm§connect.com.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 18:56:56 +1000
I think whats wanted is a process which permits ford to have their name
but excludes speculative investment in generic forms as a traded or valued
thing in itself.

Unless people in com contexts actually *want* to create a new dirivitives
market...

As for governance, I partly agree but if you refine the behaviour NOW you
create an expectation that persists under any new process. I think the
smallest possible changes should be done before there is a demonstrable
public-interest oversight in place.

What we're doing now is not quite it.

-George