Re: DNS: Re: [Fwd: Domain Name Policies: Next meeting of the DNS Forum]

From: George Michaelson <ggm§connect.com.au>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 08:58:45 +1000
Peter, am I right in reading your proposal as meaning that if I secure
"Peters Pizza" as a registered name, and lodge pizza.com.au that it would
meet guidelines? I think thats a disastrously silly outcome and would
basically legitemate pizza.com.au class namegrabs and all that implies.

I don't think Jan17 is a realistic timeframe to assess the implications
of that kind of shift in policy, and I ernestly suggest that level of
change should be delayed until a more mature procedure is in place.

In that context, under the IAHC emerging guidelines surely we need to
see com.au transit to distributd management under a suitable policy framework
before we can make that kind of decision?

cheers
	-George