DNS: net.au

From: Ian McKellar <yakk§tartarus.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 21:35:51 +0800 (WST)
Hi.

I'm wondering whats happening to the .net.au domain these days. I've been
waiting for a while to register some domains for some clients, but the
page http://registry.connect.com.au/cgi-bin/net.au-registration.cgi (linked
off of aunic) still says (at Sun Dec  1 21:34:36 WST 1996):

With the current changes occurring with domain name registration in Australia
the "net.au" domain registration process has come under vastly increased load.
As a consequence we have temporarily suspended new "net.au" registrations
until December 1st.

When will .net.au be open to new applications again?

Thanks

Ian
--
yakk&#167;leotech.com.au