Re: DNS: Geoff Huston's 4 Questions

From: Luke Carruthers <luke§magna.com.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:45:47 +1100 (EST)
> However I believe that ISOC-AU should have a defined role to play in
> oversight of DNS, and that we should seek to "justify" any cross funding
> on that basis, not just on the basis that M-IT as a commercial entity sees
> value in a strong ISOC-AU (which is smashing, and a very good view to hold!).

As an adjunct to this point, in the second meeting of the DNS forum,
(in which two of the initial directors of ISOC-AU, and three of the
proposed directors participated), it was generally agreed that the (then)
forthcoming ISOC-AU should be one of the bodies involved in the setting
of policy guidelines for the Domain Name process.  For info, some of
the other bodies also suggested (I don't have my notes from the meeting
with me so please excuse any ommisions) were intiaa, AUUG, ATUG, ECA,
and EFA.

Luke Carruthers
Magna Data
Internet Solutions Provider