DNS: registrations in net.au will be charged from December 1, 1996

From: Hugh Irvine <hugh§connect.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 11:02:13 +1100
All -

Connect.com.au has been operating the net.au domain as a public service for
several years, but we have now decided to introduce charges as the number of
requests for entries in net.au has been rising steadily over this time and the
costs involved have risen as well. Charging for new registrations will
commence from December 1, 1996 and details of the charging scheme will be
posted on the web in the next couple of days. I will post a follow-up message
with these details and the relevant URL as soon as the pages are ready.

thanks

Hugh