Re: DNS: URGENT - We must take a stand against Melbourne IT

From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve§skeeve.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 21:05:22 +1100 (EST)
You, Luke Carruthers, shaped the electrons to say:
+
+> >I seem to remember the words "non-exclusive delegation", but I'm not sure
+> >what this means in practice.  It seems pretty exclusive so far, but maybe
+> >we haven't seen the whole picture.
+>
+> I think more than one agency should have been delegated at the one time.
+
+handle the volume.  It was felt that there was more urgency in
+getting a system in place that promised a reasonable turnaround on
+registration times, and that could be moved into an equitable, scalable
+and flexible system in the future.  We've taken the first step.

+The next step is putting the framework in place for multiple Delegated
+Authorities for single domains.  Once there - a process expected to take
+around two months, allowing for Christmas - we expect that there will
+be a number of groups willing to take up service in the com.au area,
+each with their own pricing and service models.  It is possible that
+other domains will follow.

We've - The decision - It was felt.....

Luke... you sound like you/intiaa actually have a say in this...

Im afraid YOU may think intiaa represents all of our views... but not many
of us do...  Your head of the so called 'DNS Committee' which YOU formed, and
is part of INTIAA, which again, very few of us care about.

INTIAA is a good of high powered companies trying to grab a hold of the net,
and because of their ability to be high profile and spend lot of $$ if they
need to. It doesnt matter how many glossy brochures you stick in magazines,
you will NOT take a hold of the australian internet unless the public agrees,
and Im sure it wont.

You/INTIAA remeber your place in all this... you are not saying WHO can and
cannot do what, even if your trying to make it sound like you made the whole
thing happen.

Your running around scheduling meetings, calling people together in the
interests of the australian internet... and very few of us have actually joined
or approved of the INTIAA.

The ONLY organisation I think should be representing our views is the ISOC-AU,
which is a very public organisation, and run by people who most of us feel that
they know what they are doing.

So get INTIAA of its 'we did it all' high-horse.

| Skeeve Stevens - MyInternet  personal.url: http://www.skeeve.net/ |
| email://skeeve&#167;skeeve.net/   work.url: http://www.myinternet.net/ |
| phone://612.9869.3334/       mobile://0414.SKEEVE/      [753-383] |