DNS: subversive thought...

From: Peter Lees <peter§next.com.au>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 14:21:37 +1100 (EDT)
i just had a thought on the topic of melbourne it's "re-registration"
plan.

what happens if no-one pays?

how much work is involved for melbourne IT to *remove* entries
from the DNS ?

once you have answered that question - how much is involved in
*adding* similar entries?

would it be unreasonable to say that deleting an entry would be
half as difficult as adding a new one?  if that's the case, and
melbourne it isn't making a truly obscene profit, then mass
refusal to reregister should cause melbourne it to drop the com.au
bureau as non-profitable.

if melbourne it _IS_ making an obscene profit, then i guess all
we can do is sit & watch as prof. gerrand and other directors
jet about the world on expensive holidays...

regards

[my own comments; not speaking for my employer.]

--
Peter Lees  (peter&#167;next.com.au)   -   Technical Manager,   Next Online
tel: +61 2 9310 1433 *  fax: +61 2 9310 1315  * http://www.next.com.au

"You can have a day off when you're dead, Baldrick, and not before..."