Re: DNS: URGENT - We must take a stand against Melbourne IT

From: Larry Singer <larry§wright.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:45:17 +1100
>Now, $125 may well be a pittance to many .com.au domain name holders, but
>it most certainly is not to a small, startup business where every cent
>counts. An unexpected charge of $125 is not a pleasant surprise.  I would
>imagine that there are many other organisations that feel this way also.

I agree. I still have not seen any justification of this cost of $125. I do
not see it as value for money, especially since I will be unlikely to change
any details of my registration within the next year. But since we are in an
effective monopoly situaltion, I suppose I have to wear it, or find another
domain.
---
Panther (as in Pinkboard Panther) <panther&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Larry Singer <larrys&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Larry Singer <larry&#167;wright.com.au>
http://www.pinkboard.com.au/~panther/
Sending junk email to my addresses will result in rude messages.
"That kind of guy."